What were my goals for 2012?
Some of these appeared during a very serious and business like meeting in the pub between Dotmund, Mollbird and I. Others cropped up along the way so I’m counting them as well.
- Run the Race for Life – TICK
- Make a quilt – NO TICK this moves to next year
- Complete the Goodreads 30 book challenge – TICKand TOCK I kicked ass at this one.
Some of them were skinny graphic novels but others were pretty hefty. Very happy with this one and will aim for the same again. If you want to see what books I read, click here.
- Play Bingo – NO TICK . And I’m not really that bothered to be honest. Don’t know where that came from.
- Visit Paris/Prague/Venice – HALF TICK I haven’t visited any of those places but I have been to Devon and to Dorset and to Wiltshire and Stonehenge is just as good as the Eiffel Tower.
- Wear clothes I really like – HALF TICK I’ve got a few really nice things that I was saving ‘for best’ because but rarely happens and when it does I’m too self conscious to wear clothes I’m not used to. Solution – wear nice clothes all the time. It’s been marginally successful and I will keep trying because I feel nice when I’m wearing nice clothes.
- Have a long distance Bake Off with Amanda – NO TICK we never did this.
- Continue my slow moving occasional visiting all the seaside towns project – HALF TICK Moving to Hastings pretty much covers this one for now.
Goals for 2013
I’m going to aim for doing this lot this year. I don’t have Dotmund and Mollbird to help this year but since Dotmund’s main ambition for 2012 was to do a poo in a litter tray that might not be such a bad thing (I bet he hasn’t even done it).
- But before that comes the big move. My January goal is to move in with lovely Clement and between us make our new place soft and welcoming and comfortable.
- Go abroad with Clem, possibly to the Ukraine.
- Sign up for a course – currently thinking printmaking or small metals.
- Make a quilt – I’d like to actually do it this year. I’ve got plenty of my dad’s and Clem’s old shirts to make it out of and I’m hoping to get a dedicated craft space set up in our new pad.
Let's see how I get on.